Recent invention of nanogenerators demonstrated a powerful and versatile approach to scavenging mechanical energy from environment, leading to a novel self-sufficient power source that is small, flexible, integratable, and biocompatible. Piezotronics is a new field that deals with the coupling of piezoelectric polarization with semiconductor properties for designing new devices with novel functionalities and enhanced capabilities. Both nanogenerator and piezotronics are emerging interdisciplinary research areas of piezoelectric, ferroelectric, semiconductor and dielectric materials. They possess great promises for designing, powering, and operating model electronic, optoelectronic, photovoltaic, and catalytic systems.
The international conference on nanogenerators and piezotronics (NGPT) aims at fundamental understandings and practical development of the nanoscale mechanical energy conversion materials and systems, and the coupling effect between piezoelectric polarization and semiconductor behaviors and functionalities. Abstracts on theoretical and experimental study of piezoelectric and ferroelectric nanomaterial development; systematic design and optimization of nanogenerators; coupling effect between piezoelectric or ferroelectric polarization and semiconductor properties (including electronic band structure, diodes, optoelectronicfs, photovoltaics, thermoelectrics, catalysts, photoelectrochemistry, etc.) are particularly welcome.
- Meeting Date: June 9-11, 2014
- Meeting Location: Global Learning Center, Georgia Institute of Technology
- 84 5th St. NW, Atlanta, GA, USA, 30308-1031 (Driving Directions).
- Tel: 404-385-6203.
- To download the Georgia Tech campus map, please click here.
- Submit Abstract by: Feb. 28, 2014 (Submission closed)
- Submit Abstract to: http://www.ngpt.mse.gatech.edu/abstract-submission
- Organizing Chairs: Zhong Lin (ZL) Wang (Georgia Tech), Xudong Wang (Univ. Wisconsin)
- Meeting Committee: Christian Falconi (U. Tor Vergata, Italy), Jianhua Hao (HK Polytechnic U.), Sang-Woo Kim (Sungkyunkwan U., Korea), Keon Jae Lee (KAIST, Korea), Chuan-Pu Liu (NCKU, Taiwan), Max Migliorato (U. Manchester, UK), Mireille Mouis (IMEP-LAHC, France), Greg Rohrer (Carnegie Mellon U., USA), Magnus Willander (Linköping U., Sweden), Hongqi Xu (Lund U., Sweden), Yue Zhang (USTB, China)
- Local Arrangement Committee: Dr. Wenzhuo Wu, Dr. Guang Zhu, Sihong Wang, Long Lin, Xiaonan Wen
Conference email: email@example.com.
You are welcome to write to this email address about any questions regarding abstract submission, registration, conference schedule etc.
Dr. Zhong Lin Wang
- 500 10th Street NW
- IPST Building, Room 273A
- Altanta, GA, 30332
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Xudong Wang
- 1509 University Ave.
- Materials Science and Engineering Building, Room 213
- Madison, WI, 53706
- Email: email@example.com